Peanuts are a traditional snack all over the world. During the winter season, from November through March, all over India, one will see roadside stands – ranging from woodsheds to shiny trailers – offering peanuts.
Peanuts are a legume, and are grown underground unlike the other nuts which grow on trees and hence are fruits. It may be defined as a self-pollinated, one- to six-seeded legume which is cultivated throughout the tropical and temperate climates of the world. Peanuts are also known as groundnut, earth-nut, arachis nut, monkey nut and goober pea.
Nutritional Value of Peanuts
One ounce or one small handful of peanuts contains 2 big grams of fibber. This is 9% of the fibber you need each day.
One ounce of peanuts provide 16% of your daily need of vitamin E. Vitamin E has been shown to act as an antioxidant which may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Peanuts are an important source of essential minerals such as magnesium, copper, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Some of these “hard to find” minerals such as copper and magnesium may protect against coronary heart disease.
- Available Type: BOLD, JAVA
- Counts per Ounce : 38/42, 40/50, 50/60, 60/70, 70/80, 80/90, 90/100, 100/120
- Moisture: 7% max OR 8% max (as per customer requirements)
- Admixture: 1% max OR 0% max (as per customer requirements)
- Foreign Material: 0.50% max OR 0.00% max (as per customer requirements)
- Oil content: 48% – 52% max (Bold), 42% – 48% max (Java)